View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 10:24 AM   #29
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I find it rich that the same people who complained about me and my comments to the Moderator are such advocates for the free exchange of ideas and healthy debate. I tried to support my positions and arguments with data and facts, with a sense of humor. The Winnipesaukee Forum is littered with former conservative contributors who were "politely" asked not to share their ideas with the sensitive masses. I can name a dozen or so contributors like me who were asked not to contribute. Name one contributor on the left side of the aisle who was asked to leave, let alone to tone it down.

Anyway, I agree that this Forum should try to be apolitical. However, it is apparent to me that one side gets to pepper the Forum with comments about climate change, the flu, and other social issues while the other side is relegated to sit on the sidelines and told to maintain silence. I shouldn't be surprised, news and social media are consistently trying to silence the right, why should the Winnipesaukee Forum be any different.

Anyway, I still enjoy reading the Forum and find it helpful for boating issues and restaurant reviews/comments. Stay well.

P.S. I still believe the 45 MPH speed limit on Winnipesaukee is STUPID!!
Hey, buddy!

I think there's a distinct difference between the (common) commentary from "the left" and "the right."

Case in point: Sailin, clearly a climate-change hippie, discusses her points and the issues calmly and reasonably and kindly whereas the comments in question were attacking the forum for being communist, having agendas, etc.

In fact, of ALL the forum members, I'm probably the most aggressive "liberal" in my attacks on crappy and biased sources, but you and I and Dan and Hillcountry, etc. still converse reasonably.

As I say in the town forum I moderate: it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Just my take.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk