View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #22
Taz

Default Blue thunder

Maybe I am expecting too much. I realize its a spaceheater, knew that going in but I am only really trying to heat one common area (living room, kitchen, dining area) to comfortable temp 65 -70 and then what ever spills into the master bedroom is fine, don't want it 65 - 70 toasty in bedroom anyway, like it cool to sleep. Given that P 43 is rated to heat 800 - 2400 sq feet and that one common room can not be more than 1000 sq feet, probably more like 800 I would think the stove could have reached 70 which it never did. Now I realize it was cold, windy and maybe not the best insulated but it is insulated, that's been confirmed in walls and attic crawl spaces. Feed rate was set at 4 and never changed it. Friday after install it did reach 65 which is ok but it was set at 70 and it took what I thought was long time to get there, maybe 4 hours. Room temp started around 60 - 61 before stove started. Saturday tried turning up to 75 and it did reach 67 but again took awhile. Not sure what you mean by maxed out, it was no where near set at the highest temp setting, fan not much more than half way, was in temp mode. Dealer recommended trying stove mode (constant burn) for most of winter and using temp mode for shoulder season heating. Will try stove mode this weekend and play around with it. Don't get me wrong, it ran like I think it was suppose to just felt it should have reached a higher temp sooner.

The dealer was great with answering questions and install but was alittle disappointed with not talking up more about buying the bigger stove since he said he has completed many installs in this development which are all layed out identical and knows these units well.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote