Thread: Water driveways
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 03:50 PM   #37
VtSteve

Two years ago, there were a few bass boaters that just loved to maneuver their crafts via trolling motors between and around my dock. Not a problem for me, until I watched him not only move inside and in front of my boat, but when leaving, hit it I was not far away so I ran down to see what happened. Not a mark thankfully. Not a word from him either as he moved slowly right to the other side.

Being so arrogant, I felt the need to comment. dumba$$
But "most" fishermen I know couldn't give a rat's behind about boats or the water, they only endure the boat ride to get fish.

Living on the water has many drawbacks, and obvious benefits for those that not only appreciate them, but crave them. For me it was always being on the water, not just looking at it. The cruising, exploring, some diving, just fun. There are definite advantages to being on a huge lake that isn't congested. I look forward to anchoring on the beaches, heading into town or across to my favorite restaurant & hangout. It's much harder to enjoy things than it used to be, but boaters persevere.

Life is a finite pleasure, so they say. Some need to get the poles out of their arses and lighten up, other need to realize that they act like spoiled kids and need to grow up. I'm afraid that there's so many on each side, that the lake will not return to a happy place in my lifetime.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote