View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 04:51 PM   #24
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I can't tell you if you have the proper amount "heads" or BTU's required for your home but a qualified installer certainly should have done that before the install. Obviously sizing and placement of indoor air handlers are crucial!

One thing to remember...the temperature on your thermostat comes from wherever you mounted the indoor air handler (head) and has nothing to do with where you mounted the thermostat. The head simply tells the thermostat what the temp is at it's location...

If your having any kind of issues now whatsoever with the temps still well above freezing, I would highly recommend you call your installer and have him confirm your system is installed, setup and working properly.

Dan
I'm in no way complaining. I mainly installed this system for AC since I'm getting too old to be lugging window units in and out now and I couldn't have installed central air for anything close to what this system cost me after the state rebate and federal tax credit.
I still have my oil system as I heat my hot water with oil. If I have to turn the oil up a few times during the extreme cold I'm fine with that.
I will see how it performs when we get a really cold streak. I'm more concerned about how much my electricity is going to cost and if it's saving me money?
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote