View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 09:21 AM   #155
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Update

It is apparent that what I do not know about the legal entanglements between the delegation, the County Commissioners, the Gunstock Area Commissioners, and the full time staff can fill volumes. I appreciate the education.

However, at some level, doesn't the county delegation control the finances of the county budgets? And if so, are there mechanisms in place for setting salaries and awarding bonuses? For example, did the senior leadership of the Sherriff's department or the county nursing home receive merit bonuses. I guess I shouldn't have much heartache about the bonuses if they were awarded in a proper manner.

And why is the GAC and the full time employees against an audit? I was a managing partner in a law firm for 8 years. If one of my partners, or our firm's bank, wanted to audit our books, I would welcome such a request. If I went kicking and screaming against it, wouldn't that raise issues to the other stakeholders?

And finally, why is the GAC making political contributions? Shouldn't a government owned entity be agnostic?

Last edited by Major; 08-05-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote