View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 11:09 AM   #27
John Mercier

It would show in inventory. And in a for-profit, having that level of inventory would need to exist for a good reason or cut into profits through a carry charge.

Even with what I do... mostly windows and doors pre-paid for, or at least a 50% deposit... if it sits here for more than a week (as it shows in our system)... I get an immediate email wondering what I am doing about it.

If I pre-buy stock inventory... it shows on my inventory. And the system shows how many days that I am ahead on inventory. That triggers an email.

Even purchasing from a distributor that is not our primary supplier triggers an email. I do that usually to avoid shipping costs on a single item or two that I can attach to a larger order that will ship free.

It isn't like years ago when everything was a piece of paper that could be simply filed away never to be seen again.

Our new system is even tighter... I get the email the next day.

For department heads... any question that goes unanswered can result in the loss of a job.

The BPD couldn't thoroughly explain why it needed more money, and their contract was not passed at town meeting. The Budget Committee couldn't fully express why they needed more money... and so that budget didn't pass.

With Board Meetings being taped, and the internet, there is a lot more control over the towns that have slowly modernized.

SB2 also got rid of the cliques controlling the outcomes.

Last edited by John Mercier; 03-21-2024 at 11:12 AM.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote