View Single Post
Old 09-21-2023, 02:28 PM   #42
Cobalt 12
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
The deer on islands are not unafraid of humans because they are being fed, they are unafraid because they are forced to live in close proximity and have realized that humans are not a threat to them unlike a coyote or other predatory animal.

Feeding them is certainly a no no also but having an open public hunting season with firearms on them is not right and unsportsmanlike in my opinion…it is also somewhat dangerous.

Forcing islanders to put up thousands of no trespassing / no hunting signs is not the answer and is stupid!

Fish & Game needs to get their head out their ass on this one!

Dan
OK, Just so I understand:

No Feeding of deer on an island...

They are NOT forced to stay there, they chose to. They are very good swimmers.

No Killing of deer on a island.. Not sportsmen like, gotcha, " I agree "

Forcing signs to be put up won't do anything, unless an island has a bridge.

Throwing on NH Fish n Game would be a very costly and timely adventure by the State. They care..... But they don't care that much.

If it's bothering the landowners that much on a Island, Hire a Hitman. They can use a 222 caliber with 100% accuracy with ABSOLUTELY NO danger to anyone what so ever, and still dispatch the deer population to where YOU/THEY ( Land Owners ) feel comfortable with the amount of deer left.

I do not ever see NH Fish N Game spending time and effort in this direction. One thing we can agree on is that there are many foodbanks in this area that could use the meat to feed many under privileged human beings in the area that could use a hot meal during the cold season.

I've hunted deer for 60 years. Deer are Deer. Life cycle maybe 8 years for a smart one. Yes they are pretty to watch, but where do you draw the line?

I wouldn't look for NH Fish N Game to deal with this. Other then to give you permission to hire someone to dwiddle the herd so to speak. Good Luck with your endeavors, and just remember........................

Shoot straight and don't shoot often. 300 Savage/Remington 30-06/Marlin 35, Springfield 270, Winchester 30-30 probably 4. To many to count. Just if you do, dispatch them cleanly and quickly.

Last edited by Cobalt 12; 09-21-2023 at 03:08 PM.
Cobalt 12 is offline   Reply With Quote