View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 07:02 AM   #62
Rich

We're still very early in the lake boating season, as boating is ramping up.

I'm sure as time goes on, more marinas will either come up with or update their COVID19 policies and procedures.

Please post news or updates here, as I think it will be useful to everyone.

By seeing what others in the area are doing, the info may also help some marinas to decide on how to handle their own situation.

Another concern that should be considered are which policies and/or procedures need to be in place after a 'stay at home' order is released. It's not like the virus threat has gone away at this point, but we do need to find a way to 'get back to business'.

I'm sure there will be guidelines from the CDC and other experts for this that are similar to other what 'social clubs' or gathering points will need.

For a while I could imagine:
  • Face masks while in public or when facing anyone that is not an immediate family member.
  • Washing hands often
  • Hand sanitizers at the outside and inside of every door (to sanitize hands before touching any door handle).
  • Frequent cleaning of door handles and other touch points.
  • Hand sanitizer on your boat, for hands as people enter or leave the boat.

But what's a best way to handle restroom interiors (toilets, sinks, and/or possible showers at marinas)? Would it be to simply provide a spray cleaner and paper towels at each sink, toilet stall, shower? They do this at gyms and health clubs, but then the spray cleaner and paper towel dispenser themselves becomes a common touch point.