View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 09:32 AM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Just keep in mind when looking at tires especially for a truck there are compromises where a decent quiet street tire will not necessarily perform well in adverse conditions especially snow. That said General Grabber HTS and Cooper Discoverer HTP are both light truck highway tires that are very highly rated. I’ve never used either but have a set of General Grabber AT2 tires and they have worn well with about 65k on them and plenty of meat left in the tread. Down side is that they are a bit hummy on the road so would not recommend them for you. They are excellent in the snow and off road.

I have has a set of Michelin LTX tires on my 4Runner and got nearly 90k out of them. The tires are awesome but expensive. Worth the money? Guess it depends if you think you will keep the truck long enough to put that kind of mileage on it.

What ever the case be sure that the tires you choose have the correct structural construction for its use. Soft minimal ply sidewalls will not wear well and cannot handle any significant loading. Tire sales people tend to overlook stuff like this in order to sell you something at a price point not necessarily paying attention to its application. Don’t settle for just adequate.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links