Thread: Lyons Den
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #60
nerual721

Default Docking confusing and the Glendale Parking Facility

I spent a little time in the MPOffice on Friday - trying to get to the bottom of who scared away my customers with incorrect information. Apparently they were not sure so they called the Gilford Police dispatch and were misinformed by the Police Department. So, I called the police department and found out that indeed they were also confused about the new regulations for the Glendale Parking Facility. The upshot is that the Gilford PD sent an officer Bradbury down to speak with me in person and to apologize for all of the misinformation. Indeed the 3 hour dock can be used by anyone for a maximum of 3 hours. The 8 hour and 12 hour docks are reserved for Gilford Island Residents and it clearly - very clearly - states this at the end of the docks. Unfortunately the people who are in charge of monitoring and ticketing the docks and parking facility are not very customer service oriented. We have watched them over this past weekend - they watch people dock their boats where they are not allowed to dock and say nothing to them. They wait for them to leave or come up to the restaurant and then they go over and ticket them. We had 3 people come by jetski to the tavern today - they went out to find 3 $50 tickets on their jetskis. How much better for the local economy would it be to not upset and insult our vacationers? I am sure that they would gladly have relocated to the 3 hour dock had they been asked. I doubt that they will come back to this area any time soon as $150 makes for an expensive lunch.
nerual721 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nerual721 For This Useful Post: