Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
Belmont Resident

Default For those who disagree.

My wife's sister was hanging out with a guy friend who owned a pit bull, she had been around this dog quite a few times and was very comfortable.
The last time she was with this dog it was licking her face when all of the sudden it snapped and bit her in the face. Unprovoked out of the blue.
The dog in question as I've already said is a family dog, as much as I hate these people I must say my wife and I have never seen them abuse or hurt this dog. There is something in this dog that when it senses another dogs fear of it provokes it to attack. From my understanding this is ofter what is determined to be the case with many pit bull attacks.
Sorry but that isn't in my opinion the owner. I truly believe that these dogs were bread for fighting and will always harbor that instinct deep inside. How, when or if it is ever triggered it usually ends in tragedy.
Yes in the end it was the owners fault because they knew this dog was dangerous and should always have been restrained.
What I can say is that I now have a hatred for this breed that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I hope it comes out, I've attached last years Christmas card, Pirate is on the far right. As you can see sh isn't mush of a challenge for a pit bull.
Name:  Doggie Christmas 2011 - 2.jpg
Views: 5291
Size:  63.6 KB