View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 08:49 PM   #22
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Unhappy Don't go on the weekend, NO BARRY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenotall777 View Post
Is Chef Barry still at Nolan's? I've been wondering as I have not made it there yet and miss Karen & Barry's
Your not the only one who misses Karen & Barry's.

My wife and I were at Nolan's last Fall (not this Fall) on a quite Sunday Afternoon (4:30- 5:00). We were a little apprehensive as to how things would compare between what we had grown accustom to at K&B and Nolan's.

Barry was "COOKING"! I used to "LOVE HIS" Veal Marcela! The Veal Medallions and the Sauce were better than you could get in the "NORTH END". We were not disappointed. The same Veal Medallions and the same delicious Marcela Sauce! I used ask for a "SPOON" to get every last drop of the Marcela Sauce.:liplick :

My wife loved K&B's Egg Plant Parm as much as I loved the Veal.

Yesterday (Saturday) we decided to try Nolan's again.I could taste the Veal Marcela all day. We went down early and walked in at 4:30. It was busy but not too crowded.

We both ordered our favorites. As you may have noticed most of what I have said is in the "past tense". We were both very disappointed in the Veal and the Egg Plant.

Veal Marcela

The Marcela Sauce was lacking its' "RICHNESS". NO SPOON NEEDED!

The VEAL was not the thin medallion you could cut with a spoon. In their place was a "VEAL Steak". It was about a quarter inch thickness. It was tender though. But not the Taste my palette was anticipating.

After what is was told by the Hostess I may go back one more time, but it will be between Tuesday or Thursday?

Why? Well BARRY works Monday thru Friday preparing "THINGS" for the week.

Oh, we should have suspected something would go aerie when we got Garlic BALLS instead of the Parisian Bread Sticks we had ordered.

Still, all in all it beat the Italian Farm House by a mile.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post: