View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 05:08 PM   #46
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Take your pick (this applies to just about anything that takes physical effort): Exert (a) more effort over less time, or (b) less effort over more time. I prefer (b) so I really don't mind going out twice during a storm. The snowblower also prefers (b): it's more effective with lower amounts of snow.

There's nothing to figure out. Clear snow for 30 to 45 minutes, put batteries on charger for 30 to 45 minutes, go back out later if needed, and congratulate yourself for not adding more carbon to the atmosphere. While you're taking your gas snowblower to the shop to get the carburetor cleaned, changing the spark plug, and going to get gas, I'll be just dropping the battery in the hatch and getting going.

However, this is not all about user convenience. To those who love their gas snowblower/lawnmower/car, etc. I say, we all have a duty to transition to electricity as soon as possible for the sake of the planet. I understand that electric tools and cars do not yet have fully developed technology and are expensive, but I feel that the technology and price are good enough that it's time to start making the switch. We can do this over time to lessen the financial impact. Buying electric tools and cars contributes to supporting research and development to improve performance and reliability and bring the price down. You know this is going to happen eventually; it's just a question of when we each decide to get on board.
Lol, I thanked you, when I meant to quote you. The technology for snowblowers is nowhere near close enough to be useful to everyone. It's nice that you can get your snowblowing done in 35 minutes. My yard takes at least an hour with dry light snow, double to triple that with heavy wet snow. And that is with a 13hp 36 inch gas blower.

You need to think a little harder before you make statements like the one you did above.