Thread: Alton Increase
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 07:39 AM   #13
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I really appreciate and feel terrible for the teachers like you. I have many friends that teach in New York and they all agree the children’s education are really suffering this school year.

It’s very difficult to teach certain subjects remotely and for many kids there are too many distractions at home to concentrate then add the social aspect. Ugh

Thank you for what you do for our kids!!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Thanks, friend.

The real losers this year are those from lower-income families because they're stuck in an impossible system: many are unable to work from home and can't afford daycare, so they're getting hammered. Add that, statistically, they live in areas with higher transmission rates, and that remote access and access to technology will be more difficult, and students from places like Lowell, Lawrence, Boston, Chelsea, Everett, etc. (I don't know enough of current NH towns to discuss, but I would guess Laconia, Manchester, etc.) are infinitely more disadvantaged than from higher-income areas.

[emoji1696] we'll start to see a more cohesive strategy to keep the numbers down and better treatments/a vaccine sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: