View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #20
chachee52

My wife and I have gone to Wolfboro many times this season and have asked this questions many times. Now let me point out that I am a Physical Therapist and help many people daily. A couple points that I asked myself and on this post:
1)You can't compare the handicap parking spots at Market Basket to the docks. As pointed out, all the docks are exactly the same, they all are flat to the land, no steps. The spots at MB are located the closest spots to the doors (or at least as close as they can make them).
2) The comment "why can't the handicap people wait"? I think that goes into the point that all the docks are the same. The handicap spot at the docks are the furthest away from anything. So for the person with the respitory issue, these docks are worse for them.
3) I've been at the docks a few times this summer. Each time (except Sunday of Labor Day weekend) I've waited like most people. There has always been at least one boat at the handicap spot. Never saw any type of tag. And a Marine Patrol boat came and docked on the other side of the boat and didn't do anything.

So I guess I don't have any point, just a little observing that I have made. But as a PT I am a little confused about the dock space. I'm not saying there should note be handicap spots!!!!! I'm just confused of the location and the equality of all the spots.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote