View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rook View Post
I didn't mean to get people upset. I am a handicap person with severe respiratory illness and often need help. I can walk but only very short distances before having to rest. Ordinarily, a handicap spot is closest to a building or some access point.

I thought the handicap dock would have been closer to the parking lot / street area. If having the last dock designated as handicap access in order to accommodate a wheel chair, power scooter, etc., then I think it's worth it.

Stevie
You certainly aren't getting anyone upset. The frustration is seeing a whole dock unused for days on end. I think that a good solution to this problem would be to give handicapped boaters a special flag. Lets say a big white flag with a blue handicapped logo attached to a 3 foot pole. When a handicapped boater came into dock at a public area he or she would raise the flag and by doing so his/her boat would move to the front of the line for docking. This way the handicapped boater would always be granted immediate access to the docks but when there were no handicapped boaters all of the docks could be fully utilized. There has to be a better way to maximize this resource.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote