View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
I need to use a handicapped dock I think this is a great idea,I have never seen one before.Their has been times when we have had to wait for a wider dock because they are all around 2 feet wide and a wheelchair won't fit on it.Also I have used a placard for my snowmobile and my motorcycle and never had a problem with law enforcement, I am more worried about someone stealing it. For a car parking lot 10% of all spaces should be designated for handicapped parking and their is never enough because they hand out placards to anyone now a days!
I agree that handicap parking is a must. However, Wolfeboro went overboard designating a whole side of a dock to handicap boaters. I can't recall the last time I saw a handicap boater at the town docks. Plus, there is no way to get a wheelchair off that dock into a boat. There is a guy who is a real zealot about handicap rights in Wolfeboro and he spearheaded this effort. Again, I am fully supportive of handicap folks and I would be the first to give up my spot to someone in need but the allocation of a whole side of a dock that doesn't get used for weeks is stupid.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post: