View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Nothing's really changed. The outside of the right hand dock looking in has blue paint on the posts and the sign says Handicap Parking. Per Dmv you can't use a handicap placard other than in a car and there is nothing for boating.

I did send two emails asking for clarification to Wolfeboro Town Hall and never got a response. Not wanting to get in a fight over a ticket, if there are not docking available, we will wait a short period of time and then leave to spend our money elsewhere.
I need to use a handicapped dock I think this is a great idea,I have never seen one before.Their has been times when we have had to wait for a wider dock because they are all around 2 feet wide and a wheelchair won't fit on it.Also I have used a placard for my snowmobile and my motorcycle and never had a problem with law enforcement, I am more worried about someone stealing it. For a car parking lot 10% of all spaces should be designated for handicapped parking and their is never enough because they hand out placards to anyone now a days!