View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 06:40 AM   #70
ApS

Wink Fees and The Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakershaker View Post
"...My point in proposing this was also in response to ways to control large boats and their impact on the lake..."
How about "Impact Fees"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
500 hp in a 20' boat could be a real fun ride
400 horsepower in a bigger boat produced this magazine report:

Quote:
"A few years ago I had the misfortune to test the Baja Hammer...That experience etched an indelible memory of a boat that was impossible to hold in a straight line and that bucked like a rodeo bull...Plagued by chine walk and spontaneous skips she was one of the most evil handling boats I have ever driven...,"
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
"...You want to know why someone accuses you of inflaming others and you post some second hand unconfirmed snide remark like this...?"
You may recall Sunsation's factory representative and his comment about Sunsations on a Maine lake as being "too much boat for that lake"?

Here's a comment at a Sunsation forum:
Quote:
This ban keeps all Sunsation's from boating on [Lake Martin, in Alabama]. If you have any "pull" or wish to help out, let me know. This law includes me, three 32's, two 28's and the 43 with 600's. That 43 is going to this lake...and may affect another five lakes...]"
"Pull"?

Alabama has boating elitists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
"...Eleven of the largest lakes in Alabama now have a 500 Horsepower limit. I wonder how many people believed that could never happen...?"
Alabama's Lake Martin is 40,000 acres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
"...I will tell you that Alabama has these pretty scary limits on some mid-sized lakes...:"
Lake Martin is 40,000 acres—Winnipesaukee-sized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
"...Surprisingly, the 220' Mount Washington leaves a pretty dull wake..."
YES IT DOES! How it has achieved "urban-myth" status here is beyond me.

Some days, it passes me twice—most often when the wind dies!