View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 AM   #29
Just Sold

I have been visiting and staying at the lake since the mid 50's. My dad was here at the Y camp on Bear Island as a child and councilor in the 20's and 30's before he married my mom. We stayed in Melvin Villlage and Alton Bay settling in just south off Peggy's Cove and Echo Point. We never owned but rented then leased year round for about 10 years until I went in the Navy. I returned to the Lake in the late 70's and have been here ever since. In the 80's I spent a few summers camping with my son on the Broads side of Rattlesnake.

I now own a Four Winns cuddy cabin and spend as much time as I can here year round enjoying the lake and the surrounding areas. I post photos of the many wonderful and interesting things I see. My son, 27, will be joining me this year as co-captain of the "Just Sold" so we will share the joys of the lake again together.

My name Just Sold goes to my business, real estate, and is the name of my boat. My avitar is of me, standing, and some childhood friends on our dock in the early 60's. Another avitar I have used is of our first boat here at the lake.

I have met and made many wonderful friends here on the Forum and it is truely a wonderful place to keep in touch with our wonderful lake. I enjoy everyones posts, stories and photo posts.