Thread: New Prop
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 06:48 PM   #15
ishoot308

Thanked 4,953 Times in 1,920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
If you look closely at those reports the comparison prop is generally an abnormal setup and typically not the setup that the manufacturer of the boat/motor combo used in their own performance numbers. It's not hard to get a 70% performance increase going from a wrong prop to something that is a better match.

IMO it is telling that we're not even seeing the Sharrow props on tournament boats with OB's, which are becoming pretty common. Those are the guys that will spend stupid money for minor advantages.
I agree on the tournament / Bass boats not using them….you have to wonder why as those guys would kill for an extra mile or two per hour faster not to mention the advertised fuel savings!

The performance report I looked at had a boat and motors I was somewhat familiar with and felt the prop being tested against was at least very close to what should be used.

Once we start seeing commercial boats using this prop I might become a believer as they would have the most to gain….until then I anxiously await in the shadows!

Dan