View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #30
ApS

Red face Getting THERE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
And Hooksett exit 9 is poorly marked?

I really need to get some pictures to clear this mess up.
It's really difficult to prove a negative, but an additional sign should go here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
"...If they miss exit 10, they still have one last chance to avoid the tolls. They can take the exit to I293 south toward Manchester and say the heck with it, and go back home. ..."
There are times when I've felt like that!

...good one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
"...If they are travelling south on Rte 28 they will encounter several signs directing them to I93, rte 202/4/9 in Epsom; rte 28/3 junction; College rd in Hooksett. Hopefully, the host that invited the visitor to NH has told them that if they want to avoid the tolls, take rte 28 all the way.
OK...it's straightened out. My original post should have been moved to the "Getting There" forum. The clue should have been the "Exit 3-A" reference. My visitor returned to MA via Concord, which is totally "Unexplored Territory" to this host.

However, they weren't strangers to that exit, and the signage (at dusk) happened to be confusing.

A small fine isn't so bad, but they'd heard a friend's costly horror story from last summer in Maryland, where the state stonewalled the friend's explanation, and I believe they had an E-Z Pass in place.

As for the personal intrusion of being photographed and penalized: Who'd want to have their whereabouts on-record—especially in a time-and-location manner—or am I the only one reading of "targeted-citizens" in headlines lately?

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote