View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #26
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Question I am still confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
My visitor navigates Massachusetts (and Boston ) just fine; but southbound, NH's repeated signage on the east side of the river directs the unaccustomed visitor to the one I-93/Hooksett exit having a toll booth!

OTOH, poorly-marked Hooksett I-93 exit 9 takes southbound drivers to the MA line without tolls.

(As I recall, anyway... ).

In short, Government shouldn't be empowered to penalize citizens who do NOT conform to its electronic-media demands.
Not sure how you visitor friend is coming up from MA, but he/she has the choice of getting off I93 North at exit 9 onto rte 28 to only have one highway to follow all the way to Wolfeboro.

If the continue north on I93, they can get off on exit 10 and with a little local knowledge ( ) can navigate over to rte 28. This exit also informs that it is the last exit before a toll.

If they miss exit 10, they still have one last chance to avoid the tolls. They can take the exit to I293 south toward Manchester and say the heck with it, and go back home.

If they are travelling south on Rte 28 they will encounter several signs directing them to I93, rte 202/4/9 in Epsom; rte 28/3 junction; College rd in Hooksett. Hopefully, the host that invited the visitor to NH has told them that if they want to avoid the tolls, take rte 28 all the way.