View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #9
ApS

Unhappy Nice for Tourism—not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-engine View Post
"Since the fee is so low, lets NOT indirectly encourage those who do not have EZ Pass to go thru at high speed. Conclusion is: move over for cash payment lane(s) or get an EZpass account...!"
I just had this issue with visitors from MA, who related that signage indicated a cash-payment exit to "3-A". Not seeing a cash payment lane, they turned towards the E-Z pass lanes.

In attempting to answer their inquiry—since I don't remember paying any I-93 tolls last year—I replied that they would likely get a bill in the mail, but didn't know how much their "missing" the cash payment lane (to "3-A") would cost them.

Later this morning, I found this story, with a faulty "solution":

Quote:
"Just to let you know. I hardly ever go far enough south to go through the toll booth on 93 but last month I went to pick someone up at the MHT airport at 11 oclock at night.

I wasn't sure what lane to get into because the signs only say "EZPASS any lane." None of them mention cash anymore. At least not that I'd seen.

So, I went through one expecting to toss 4 quarters in a basket but, when I got there the baskets were gone. Guy behind me started beeping his horn and yelling out the window like a madman, so I just kept going through.

Later on that night I asked the woman on the north side what was going to happen. She said I would get a 26 dollar fine in the mail.

Sure enough ! It came in the mail yesterday with a picture of my license plate and 10 days to pay.

The motto of the story is. If you don't have EZPASS, stay wayyy to the right when going through the booth. If that one isn't open, I would pull over and find out which one to go through with cash.

I don't expect to be going that far south anymore anyway. I've set a new limit for myself not to go any further south than Concord. So if anyone is flying in to come visit me...Expect to rent a car! "
This is one of those rare occasions I'd support a class-action lawsuit.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote