View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 08:38 AM   #22
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I replaced the Weber parts—grates, flavor bar thingies, igniter, and burners—only a few years ago, so it works ok other than the crossover tube not always lighting the rear burner. This is more about an upgrade/keeping ahead of failure.

One thing that keeps pulling me back to griddles is the open space—as mentioned above, the surfaces are just so much more spacious.

Updates:

1. Camp Chef's FTG600 is a whole griddle and grill, but it's one or the other.

2. Napoleon makes an insert like the Weber iShoot linked above but looks bigger and flatter. The one I'd be looking at also has a 15-year "bumper-to-bumper" warranty vs. Weber's 10.

3. It appears that it I purchased a second set of flame tamers and grill bars, the Royal Gourmet from TSC I linked to above could be used as a split griddle/grill or whole grill—that might could come in handy.

4. Noted on the big-box stores vs. independent dealers, but given the model numbers and prices are the same, I'm thinking that doesn't apply to grills (other than maybe "Lowe's exclusives," etc.

5. About the money: $500 is not all that much in the general scheme of things, BUT it could also be used for a new rear derailleur and shifter for my Niner, Kel-Tec CP33 or Taurus TX22, or Holosun red dot; money towards my son's Christmas bicycle; travel or play money; etc...!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
4. It doesn't Weber uses MAP... they set the advertised price.
It is why many times you will need to enter it into the ''cart'' to see the final price.

Few dealers - including us - will keep the highest end Webers in stock...

But they are being built (at least in the stands) with newer engineering... and you can get upgraded replacement parts for your old unit.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote