View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
hazelnut

It has been great! Don't knock it til ya try it. Snowmobiling is a blast.

With today's technology sleds and clothing you really do not feel the cold. I have ridden in negative temps without feeling the least bit cold. Electric hand warmers heat the hands and a thumb warmer for the thumb throttle. The floorboards on my sled act as the radiator so the heat transfers up through mh boots. I have a decent sized windshield. My Jacket and pants are "Choko" brand snowmobile gear and they are VERY warm. I can go with jeans and a sweatshirt under my jacket and snow-pants and I am plenty warm. You'd be very surprised how warm the helmet keeps your head.

With that said the original question was about the conditions and save for the slush issue on the lake it has been tremendous. I would compare this season to 2009 so far. Although "09" came to an abrupt halt on March 1st with a quick warm up.

Last year was a bust in my opinion. We were all set up for a great season as January was decent and about 2 weeks before the derby the skies opened up and dumped a ton of rain on the area and killed the season. All riding had to be done farther up north. We were trailering every weekend.

Thanks to all the groomers that have made the season so enjoyable!
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote