View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 10:03 AM   #354
DickR

After I got home from the aborted meeting, I sent some suggestions for the next attempt to have a meeting to the Town Administrator, via the town's website.

I suggested quadrupling the number of check-in tables, with a shorter range of alphabet letters for each. I also suggested moving the tables out of the auditorium, to alleviate the congestion there.

The long corridor adjacent to the auditorium entrance would be better and also be positioned better between the auditorium, cafeteria, and gymnasium, all of which may be needed to handle the large crowd expected. Better signs for the tables would help, placed where they could be seen from a distance down the corridor.

Finally, it would be useful to have people enter the building from more doors than just the one by the auditorium. Some of that was happening anyway, but the long line to get to the check-in tables inside the auditorium led to the long line out the nearby door and back up the driveway.

More complaints about last night's failure won't help. Let's be constructive and help the town's officials with good ideas to make things work more smoothly next time.