View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 06:22 PM   #340
winni83

Fastfury is 100% correct. The worst managed meeting I have ever seen, or more accurately, a non meeting, since it never started. After waiting for 35 minutes for the meeting to start (promptly at 6:00 per the Town Moderator), it did not take place and will have to be re-noticed and rescheduled. So a Town which cannot plan for and manage a meeting is going to run a monstrosity of a Community Center? I have it on good authority that a person in Town who knows what is going on went to the Town a week or so ago and told them that the turnout would be huge and to make contingency plans for overflow space in the gym and cafeteria, with remote screens, mikes, ballot boxes and assistant moderators. I am told that the Town dismissed her recommendations with a laugh. The Town did remote meeting rooms during Covid and while there were a few minor problems, that process worked. If this disaster of an attempted meeting did nothing but show the need for the Town to adopt the provisions of SB2, then the wasted evening was worth it.

The Town Moderator, Paul Punturieri, should resign his office since he is clearly responsible for much of this debacle this evening.

From the Facebook page run by Paul Punturieri:

"Please arrive early for check in for tomorrow's Town Meeting at the Academy auditorium. Check in will begin shortly after 5pm. We expect a large crowd and we will begin the meeting at 6pm sharp."

Last edited by winni83; 05-11-2023 at 07:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winni83 For This Useful Post: