View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 03:24 PM   #323
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So I continue to loosely follow this.... While I think the idea is good an sound, in theory, as someone has pointed out some of the facts are misleading, and some of the money will be a waste.

The biggest waste I see is on the "competition pool".... My wife is a swim coach, 5 lane pools are not at all desirable for any purpose other then training.
They aren't big enough for water polo and even dual meets between high schools find them hard to utilize.... If the idea is for the pool to be a competition pool capable of handing even high school dual meets it needs to have a minimum of 6 lanes and preferable 8... To be able to hold bigger meets such as state meets or district level meets 8 will just barely cover it, and ideal the pool should be 10 lanes wide, with an addition warm up / cool down pool......

If Moultonborough wants to build a decent facility they should do the research and make sure they have the correct parameters.. a 5 lane pool is a joke
Correctly built, I believe they could make a very usable facility, that could be used to generate some level of income for the town.... But what I see is simply a rec. center that will benefit the year round residents at some level, but likely will not even meet their needs in some aspects....