View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 04:47 PM   #288
longislander

I don't think "it" was well done.
A lot of town money has already been spent on trying to get "costs". Money given to private organizations.

The only thing that matters is how many voters will show up at town meeting and vote. My SB2 petition is an attempt to make it as easy as possible to get as many voters to vote. Won't help this May, although we tried via a Special town meeting petition last June/July and finally got a court ruling that ruled it needs to be done at the annual town meeting. Otherwise this May would have been SB2.

I have sent a lettter (2 pages with numbers) to the TA, select board, and The Hub proponents about the tax impact and valuations regarding the bond. Excerpts:

"Folks might try using, for example, .08 or .33 and use these numbers to figure the tax on their property ... which would be a mistake."

"That last column of numbers on the bond refer to the municipal tax rate. The municipal tax rate is only one of four rates that determine the total tax rate; namely, the sum of Municipal,County, Local Education, State Education formulate the total town tax rate."

"Additionally the town “Assessed Valuation” stays the same for the life of the bond, but will change with changes in yearly assessments. The 2021 valuation was $3,943,560,976 with a total tax rate of 6.98. The 2022 valuation was$4,892,023,118 with a total tax rate of 4.78, which is the valuation on the bond."

"To look at what the bond would have added to the 2022 tax rate, add the 2022 tax effort, $6,144,066 with each years payment listed on the bond (see above) ."

Plus a bunch of other stuff disputing the value of the .08 ,.33 etc