View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #45
znh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
ZNH -- I am VERY familiar with the area you are talking about and in reality there IS passage through there -- BUT -- I consider it a "local knowledge" passage way.

I was not over there this past week end, however like a lot of the markers this time of Season, I suspect that the buoy you are referring to is/was not in it's proper location --

Your best words to STRIPER that have been echoed many times in here -- DO NOT think for a minute that because someone else did it -- it's right !

The buoys, two DANGER buoys, were East and West of the island, they did seem a little close to the island, another reason I thought they were 'No Wake' buoys, maybe if they were placed a little further to the South of the island you would see them sooner...

Someone else did say the same about a passage there, they said it was on the East side of the island, we were on the West side of it...oh well, I'll never know

On a side note, to echo your quote of "A bad day on the Big Lake (although I've never had one) - Still beats a day at the office!!"

We had friends up and even though I crashed the boat we were still all expressing the same sentiment
znh is offline   Reply With Quote