View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 12:44 PM   #56
Orion

Default It will take time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Great points. In addition to seeking out Made in the USA, though, we must be willing to pay a premium for domestic labor. How many of us are willing to pay 20, 30, 40% for goods made here?
Good points Professor, but I do believe the pendulum will swing. The manufacturers will seek to avoid risk and there will be a lot of risk going forward with regard to made in China. On top of that, there will be a larger amount of the population that will seek out "Made in USA" (I ALWAYS HAVE). At a minimum, there will be many trying to avoid "Made In China".

There is a lot of hidden cost associated with buying from the lowest cost source. I find it hard to believe that going forward, the US can't use technology to undercut manufacturing costs (with shipping) of of buying from Asia.

Lastly, I'm certain our President will provide incentives to bring jobs back to USA. Instead of a blind stimulus package, lets provide those incentives to budding manufacturers. This will have long-term benefits for us all.