View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 09:39 PM   #18
Sue Doe-Nym

Default It’s in the interpretation, IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Trump does not listen to his own advisors and he doesn't want us to listen to them either. From today's New York Times:

"At a White House coronavirus briefing Sunday, President Trump continued to push hydroxychloroquine against the advice of doctors and health experts who say its efficacy against the coronavirus is unproven. . . . When a reporter asked Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, to weigh in on the question of using hydroxychloroquine, Mr. Trump stopped him from answering. As the reporter noted that Dr. Fauci was the president’s medical expert, Mr. Trump made it clear he did not want the doctor to answer.

“He’s answered the question 15 times,” the president said, stepping toward the lectern where Mr. Fauci was standing."
I choose not to engage in the political side of things, but we have been fairly engrossed in the press conferences relating to the Coronavirus, which is pretty rampant down here in Florida. I sometimes cringe at some of the things the President says, but my interpretation of his comments on the use of hydrochloroquine is that it has been shown to be useful in treating many cases of the virus, and many doctors are prescribing it despite the fact that these haven’t been many scientific studies to prove or disprove its value. If I were severely ill with the virus and my options were few, and they wanted to try that medication, I hope that my attitude would be to “Go ahead; what do I have to lose?” I think that’s the attitude of the President. In the case of this awful pandemic, there isn’t time to wait years to get sufficient data. For what it’s worth, that’s my take.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post: