View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #23
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
AW, removing the trans-fat would not stop the tradition

We all know that "dieters" try and just eat salads to lose weight.

Do this; go to the grocery store and look at the labels of salad dressings. You'll find very few bottles that don't have the high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and you name it for additives. Even some of the basic "oil and vinegar" dressings are loaded with crap.

Perhaps this thread will serve as a reminder to people about thinking about what you stick in your pie hole.

Don't think additives cause weight gain/retention and impact metabolism? When you have your next meeting at work or wherever, look at the number of people who bring a diet soda with them and are overweight... The normal weight people are mostly the ones drinking water......
I totally agree with your first sentence but it's really not that big of an issue... (see link)... This might be of interest:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17299077/

And... I think we need a food forum, if our Fearless Moderator agrees. I do like this discussion but feel like I'm breaking the rules because it's not totally about the LR. Perhaps a place where we can discuss recipes, farmers' markets (my favorite places to get groceries in the summer!), gardening, dieting, etc. - Just a thought.
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote