View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 02:27 PM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerunh View Post
Out of curiousity. How much of a gas tax refund do you get from claiming 94 gallons of fuel? Is it worth the effort?

If you buy your boat gas on the lake at a marina, are you entitled to a refund on that gas as well? Basically do they charge you gas tax at the marina? I probably went through 200 gallons in various boats this summer.
So yes part of the the charge at the Marina, is the road tax, and why this rebate business exists. I have looked into a couple of times, but honestly never felt like it was worth my time....

Mostly I feel that why because I don't fill my tank on the water, and thus am already saving a considerable amount, by just doing that... Then I have years like this year, where I actually bought the gas in Massachusetts, and brought it up here, and save well over $.22 .... most of the summer the differential was about $.30....

Last I never remember to save the dam reciepts, and often fill up my truck at the same time and well so to me it isn't worth the extra effort.

With that said, I know folks that have gas guzzler cruisers and even performance boats, and well it adds up to even more the a few visits to Sals pizza.... some of them are able to take the family to the 99 for dinner....