View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #70
froggy

Default EZ Pass LOVE/HATE...

Folks,

There seems to be much bantering on this thread, with no posts for a long time. Does one really think that lawmakers or the governor's office or anyone from DOT reads these posts?

I suggest that you email gov. office, the Councilors, and/or the reps & senators representing the areas where your real estate is or where you are visiting. All the contact information is on state's website. You WILL have far more affect than writing here. Believe me.

One Councilor, Ray Burton, has a listening ear, and will often make a difference.

Write to DOT and state police how confusing the signs are. MY observations conclude that they do not engineer a high speed lane on left as they change the inner lanes for the demands of direction. I wrote them that I see high speed EZ pass only on very left in DE, and also a discount to go there.

Many of you are correct that electronic in middle is accidents waiting to happen. EZ pass only ought to be on very right, as in many other states. But in MA, we find one EZ P lane somewhere in middle. NH DOT does need to study elsewhere, and I wrote that long before installation.

The big glitch is: NH DOT was studying electronic tolls for 20+ years. What private enterprise would study, research, engineer, buy all the hardware, do all the installation, AND THEN NOT activate immediately? What happened is the legislature had to ponder the discounts to be given! I personally watched the governor say to DOT "I need another spreadsheet".

Today, they need to market EZ Pass. Watch how many do not use the system, when you pass. Watch how many opt to wait in line to pay toll!
Rediculous! It's a no brainer to do sign up for EZPass.

Here's another issue: They say you must "pay" for the tag! Well, it's not a deposit, as the money is not returned when you cancel and return the tag! When I pay for something, I figure I won it, but NH says you don't own it.
I had an ez pass account before NH activated; you can get one in the state of your choice, and several do not ask for any money if your account is related to an active credit card - that is your deposit, so to speak. I did write all that to DOT, gov., and councilors, but all that went right over their heads.
GO FIGURE!!!
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote