View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 04:07 PM   #33
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Went to Axe and Ale last October with family and threw axes and ate some apps while playing. Fun. Chicken fingers, beer, etc. Food was pretty good. Have read all these mixed reviews, so I went back this past weekend for dinner, and I have to say, the food was BETTER than expected. Hot apps, salads, chicken, all good. Burgers were yummy and the bun was great - the bun is important and often gets overlooked! All three of us were happy with our meals. I noticed they are open for breakfast so, yup, I went in again the next morning to check it out. It was kinda surprisingly great! Eggs benedict, corned beef hash, a number of things for us, all very good. Dishes maybe a couple bucks more than at the diner, but worth it.

BUT the service was REALLY slow, which has been mentioned before. Dinner was a little slow, and the breakfast was extremely slow, especially when I ordered an egg and cheese sandwich to go for the late-sleepers in my brood. Because we were not in a rush, it did not matter, but if I was trying to sneak in a quick dinner before a show at Meadowbrook or whatever it is called, I would not go there as I would be afraid of missing the start of the show.

Hopefully they figure out staffing, hopefully by summer...it will ABSOLUTELY be on the short list for my lake weekends. If you tried it last summer and were not impressed, I suggest trying it again. Just not if you are running late! Cheers!
Good to know, we went when they first opened also, and you could tell they didn't have everything figured out yet but they were very open to customer suggestions. I hope to try it again soon.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote