Thread: Nadia's
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 11:44 PM   #49
Nadia

Wink

Upthesaukee! Now will all this commotion you've started you haven't been in to visit us yet! I'm coming for you! J/K. You'll have to come in soon and let me know when you do. I agree with you about your post, typed words certainly lack the inflection they need at times.

Texaschopper I'm thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and had a good experience, thanks for the thumbs up! Next time you promise me you'll say hi!

SIKSUKR I'm not sure what more I can say on this issue. If you find me defensive, I'm truly sorry. I feel it's a lot to do with interpretation. At times yes, I can be defensive. I'm not the only business owner that has come on this forum to the defense of their business. I also don't feel like I should be ashamed to say I am defending my business or my actions. Like Waterbaby mentioned, a lot of folks may make a decision to do business with us based on remarks in this forum. I want readers to know both sides of the story. I'm not saying he's wrong in his observations, I'm just explaining my side.

As far as you quoting my remarks, I could be wrong in my response in the eyes of some viewers. When I tell someone there's a short wait, and they point out to me there's empty tables in the dining room with a tone suggesting I'm an idiot who can't see, I do take it a bit offensively. I understand it comes with the territory, and I may need to chill a little bit, but forget who I am for a second and hear me out person to person. I can't express to you enough how rude and degrading the public can be at times. Maybe I need to take a step back, I apologize for coming off like that. I've been in this business for years, and all I can say is what I've said before, that night I experienced the rudest, nastiest group of people I have ever encountered in all my time. If you can forgive me for venting my frustration for a moment, I'm glad it's over! Now you and Newbie get your butts in here! I promise you when you meet me I will change your mind!

I'm glad some viewers find this fascinating. I'm not interested in coming on here with a pen name, or being aloof and mechanical in my responses. How lame would it be if I gave someone that generic attitude in my response? Instead you have an individual who is willing to interact with anyone and everyone at the same eye level, and also willing to let people take a peek behind the curtain to see what really goes on behind the scenes. Lots of folks have been in the food service industry, lots have not. I'm sure some find my responses rather enlightening and informative, at the same time some find them defensive. All in all my main goal is to let folks see the other side. Sometimes I do get frustrated, and any owner/manager who says they don't is not telling the truth. I don't find it unprofessional or defensive to act like a real person when addressing situations. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Nadia; 10-01-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote