View Single Post
Old 10-19-2023, 05:14 PM   #18
DickR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
I agree Dick R. What you are describing is butter cream frosting. To me it feels like sweetened Crisco in your mouth. Believe it or not, the bakery in the Alton Hannafords has a delicious, light and fluffy frosting that is more like a light whipped cream. ...
What I use is mostly confectioner sugar, with a little butter, and just enough milk to make for an easily spread mix; I suspect just water would work as well. Add whatever color is needed for the occasion (eg. birthday). Start with too little liquid, for a very stiff mix when stirred with a knife. A mix too stiff like that will tend to peel off the top of the cake when attempting to spread. So once the mix can be stirred with a knife, add liquid slowly, mixing in well with each addition. Toward the end, you should be adding no more than perhaps a quarter teaspoon of liquid at a time, just enough to make the mix easily spread. Too much liquid makes a mix that is too loose and will sag off the sides of the cake. If you err on the addition of liquid, just add a little more sugar to stiffen the mix.
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote