Thread: Lyons Den
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 07:42 AM   #46
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Baygo, that is a little different. If I couldn't be there on time, I would expect to be pushed a little. But if I had reservations and was on time, I would not want to be rushed through my meal. It seems to me that the amount of time most people spend in a restaurant depends on how quickly they are served. If they are done eating and just sitting there for a long time while people are waiting, that is a different story.
tis, nobody with reservations has been told they have to move quickly--here nor (as best I saw) on the Canoe thread. The only people being asked to eat in a time span are those without reservations coming in to a restaurant where the only open tables are those that have upcoming reservations.

I don't get the big fuss here--as we all know, most (if not all) restaurants in the Lakes Region need to make as much money as possible during the season in order to make it through the winter. I, as mentioned in the Canoe thread, am glad restaurants decide to give patrons the option to eat in that time frame rather than turn them away completely.

PS As above, the Canoe, and Bob Shed threads show, even though it should be a win-win, it's really a lose-lose.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote