View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #46
Happy Gourmand

Default Blazin' Bill's for Breakfast

Blazin' Fast it wasn't....
...but it was very good...and worth the wait.
There were only 2 people working the breakfast "crowd" on this Saturday morning, Blazin' Bill in the kitchen (that's a guess) and a waitress on her third day of employment. She was very pleasant, but obviously overwhelmed as every table (6 of them) was filled. In fact, if their service had been faster, they would have been able to accomodate the 3 or 4 parties who walked in and turned around and walked out. We waited a good 10 minutes before we even got our coffee.
I ordered the Weirs Beach Triple plate...3 eggs...3 sausages...3 pieces of bacon....hash and 3 pancakes. My wife had 2 eggs, sausage and hash. Everything was very good and cooked as ordered.
There were some comments above making reference to some labor issues, there wasn't any picketing this morning.
The place was clean and appeared to be well kept. It doesn't seem like it is set up for efficiency, but I'm sure they will figure that out and rearrange some of the equipment.
In spite of the long wait to be served, we were happy to see that quality wasn't sacrificed for expediency. Besides, we try to not be in a hurry when we're at the lake.
If you're not in a hurry, and lucky enough to have an available table when you walk in, give Blazin' Bill's a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote