View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 12:16 PM   #57
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilproject View Post
At the current rate of testing we will surpass Italy in less than 3 weeks. You are forgetting the outbreak started there 5 weeks ahead of the us so right now the stats are apples and oranges. The US has the second lowest death rate of any developed country. Which one might say is the ultimate measure of success. Testing and death rate per CNN. A trusted source unless maybe it was fake news? I only said China was lying you added the other countries. I think that is a universally accepted fact. As to infection rate, that is to be expected. We are the freest most mobile country on the planet. All of this is material to what? We are all going to get this virus, it is only a matter of when. This will probably be with us forever unless a really effective vaccine is found and we will learn to live with it. Life will go on because it has to. Flattening the curve was the goal. That has been accomplished in most places and many well managed states stayed well below hospital capacity. Look at Florida, 2 million more people than NY, the hospital capacity available never dropped below 43%.
Then surely you knew, or at least now know, that my previous post is not "completely wrong". Actually, it is correct.

It's funny to me that if a person posts well accepted facts that suggest that we've missed a step or two as a nation--such as our testing response has been disappointing--that there is a visceral negative reaction, even from people who know better. You and the people who thanked you know better. Just as Hillcountry knows better than his almost comical magnum opus.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: