Thread: Fresh Eggs
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
CateP

Default The Big Egg Hunt

Having been on the hunt for fresh eggs in the past I now have some resources that I found while driving around town (and I mean outside of downtown). There are a few private farms that sell roadside. Try Forest Road heading out to Wolfeboro Neck. Also 109A heading out towards Tuftonboro. (Pine Hill Rd) Sign on right near Lang Pond Rd.
Have also seen a signs On Trotting Track Rd. and Rt 28 heading out towards Ossipee.

Also Beaner's recommendation about Butternuts is spot on. They often have fresh local eggs.

I asked the new manager at Hunter's if they would stock local fresh eggs and they said they would look into it, but alas...no local fresh eggs. I think a lot of folks with chickens have a few dozen extra every now and than, but can't keep a grocery store supplied.

Finding my source for local fresh eggs has been a small triumph as a new resident. It was fun and I have gotten to know the family on a first name basis...people I may never have known in my social circle, but have enriched my life because of their hard work on the farm.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote