View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #26
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Not sure people are taking this serious enough. A friend of mine stopped in at Skelley's to buy gas. There were many cars at the pumps so he decided to go inside to get something to eat. While wearing his mask several people at the gas pumps chuckled and ridiculed him. He went inside to get something to eat. It happened again inside the store. The clerk behind the counter laughed. The the individual pointed to the cashier and both started to laugh. Really!! Come on folks. Are people not taking this seriously. Now I haven't seen his mask. It may look like a clown. Or the young employees just didn't care and haven't been educated that there is this bug going around and people should try to protect themselves and others. He did say there were six cars at the gas pumps and five were out of state. We are in Florida and need to stay here a few more weeks. But hopefully when we return and in quarantine for 2 weeks we won't be ridiculed ourselves. Obviously, he decided not to buy gas there. Should not the management of Skelley's talk to their employees and educate them. And maybe they have and this never did happen. Although the event was posted on social media. It should be an interesting Summer.
This situation could very well be true, but the biggest issue in buying gas these days is the Virus on the Keyboard and metal dispenser handle for those that pay with a Debit or Credit Card while standing at the pump.

With that said, ALWAYS be sure to either use wipes and/or disposable gloves when using the self service pumps (metal dispenser handles and keyboards).

Dispose of those gloves directly onsite at the time you are 100% done filling your vehicle with fuel. DO NOT take the gloves back into your vehicle as they could be contaminated.

Paying with cash? Think twice as cash is VERY DIRTY and China has claimed that the spending money has been spreading Covid-19. Personally, I believe the credit/debit card "may be" cleaner.

Stay safe and stay healthy to all.....
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTimeTraveler For This Useful Post: