View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 06:19 PM   #172
John Mercier

Actually the City will not be investing in workforce housing... it is asking private investors to do that. And no trails were part of the original plan, they lead to questionable access... which is why the SD/LB residents are opposed to the WOW. The inclusion of them was partially to blame for the loss of funding support.

The manufacturing issue, at the time, was thought to be access to the highway (thus the location next to the bypass) and having utilities present on-site.
After the sale of Hadco to Sanmina, it was discovered that NH didn't have the best business energy or taxation situation. Sanmina opted to shut the NH locations and keep the one in NY.

The ''NH Advantage'' was at time when we coaxed manufacturers from MA into NH. We hadn't really paid much attention to other Northeast States, and to be truthful didn't think much outside of New England.

The downtown situation is unique; possibly along business lines.
I used to purchase my Carhartt and boots from Bootleggers... which create questions about support for Osborne's in my own town - though I don't even know if they carry Carhartt any more; and my jeans from Walmart. But Tractor Supply in Gilford is now carrying my Wranglers (not that flex skinny jean stuff) Carhartt, and Timberland. And with the bypass, it isn't that much further to hit Gilford.

My dress shoes will probably be the ones that I buried or cremated in... as they are well taken care of and not likely to need repair with the amount of usage they get. So I haven't been to Bootleggers in a while; and probably will not ever again.

Not that every consumer has the same pattern... but our new POS systems are supplying much more data on consumption patterns and individual consumers than anyone ever thought possible.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote