View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Here is the person to flood with emails and letters.
I called her just now. She says she has gotten much more support for the rafting ban than opposition to it. Sounds like (as with other topics on this forum) the opinions of those who post here are not reflecting the opinions of the majority.
Here's a better use of our time;
I don't understand why nobody is making a big deal about the way the State confiscated the sand bar off Ellacoya State Park. The beautiful sandy bottom is only a couple of feet deep out to about 150 yards from shore. The water is the cleanest in the lake. When I was a kid, that was the best place on the lake to swim, snorkel, fish, raft, and learn to ski. Then the state roped it all off to keep boats out. WHY? There is room there for at least fifty boats there. And there are no home owners there to bother...it is state owned shore front. The must have about four acres of water surface roped off and even on the busiest days of the year, the park guests might use a quarter of it. The entire western two thirds of the roped off area barely sees a swimmer. There is still plenty of room for the beach guests on the eastern end towards Lake Shore Park. Why do they have all that water roped off? How can we get those ropes removed and get permission to let boaters raft there again?
Let's call our reps and get a bill introduced to make Ellacoya a rafting zone again.