View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
ITD

Konachick, nobody and I mean nobody (except me or my wife) gets to scream at my kids like that, I don't care what my kid may have done, screaming, threatening and physical intimidation just will not happen and will bring an equal response to the aggressor, with me between the aggressor and my kid.

.....I will not be going to that restaurant based on your story. I can just imagine what else goes on in that place.

The proper way to handle this would have been for her to ask who was in charge of your daughter ( you in this case) and speak, or yell at you, then allow you to handle it.

What the owner did was way out of line.....

Kona, I've seen many posts from you and you seem to have your act together. I think your opportunity to handle this properly was lost when you let this person berate your daughter, you should have stopped her in her tracks, even if it escalated the situation it would have diverted the brunt of the attack from your daughter.

What I would do is explain to your daughter that this person should have never yelled at her like that and she does not have to accept that behavior from strangers. And if it ever happens again, you will protect her. Then if something like that happens again, political correctness be damned, defend your daughter. You can deal with your daughter's transgression later.

BTW, did your daughter actually admit to this misdeed? I'm wondering if she is covering for someone else.

Last edited by ITD; 07-30-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Toned it down a little.........
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post: