Thread: Summer people
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
Misty Blue

Default Summer people

Some years ago the head of NH DES made a prediction. He said that the people in the NH tourist areas were not likely to have a meltdown, hurricane, or volcanic eruption. What we could expect is a problem in one of our neighboring states which causes the people there to "evacuate" to their summer homes.
Let me date myself. Our plan was to run to the Lake house if the Cubans started launching rockets at the US during the crisis.

He said that we should be prepared for two to three weeks of shortages until the infrastructure came up to tourist season capacity. Wow, was he ever right. The selves got low and are now restocked.

The summer people have returned to Moultonberry ahead of schedule. I am sure that there are various reasons. And so, may I say WELCOME back.

I have seen many more people than normal walking their dogs, and taking a stroll along the roads. There are cars in driveways that would normally be vacant at this time of year. But I have seen no problems.

So welcome back, even if early. We wish you well and hope that by the time the real summer season happens the only thing that is being horded is SPF-50.

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Misty Blue For This Useful Post: