View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #57
Billy Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Some best memories in my brain...

When I worked for Litton Industries, we had a President's Club reward meeting at Captiva. All toys were paid for...Boston Whalers, jet skis, food, booze, etc. Other people (all male group) brought their wives. I brought my girlfriend and we all had an incredible time. I brought about 50 Lbs. of shells back to San Francisco that I found on a tiny island with the whaler.

This could be a good 6 months destination away from the BIG LAKE. Small lots and expensive though.

Not enough years in life to do it all, just enough to make a dent.
We are in a condo with a dock in Tiera Verdi (St Pete ) and love it. Captiva is a dream location, small island, one main road, laid back. We take our fishing boat down a few times a year and stay at Tween the Waters or South Seas. Doc Ford books are fun and there ARE places in his books that exist. The island is Uber expensive real estate, however Venice Fl south on the intercostal is loaded with great spots that might be affordable, fyi the Gulf waters are clear and Carib like with no snakes or other stuff that will attempt to kill you other than a few sharks
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billy Bob For This Useful Post: