View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 09:05 AM   #36
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
House Bill 568 has been filed by Rep. Norm Silber (r-Gilford) to phase out and repeal the I & D tax. Call your reps and senators.
IF I read this right, if successful this wipes out and estimated 113 million per year flowing into the state's general fund by the time it takes full effect. Now what is the likelihood that the state whacks that much in annual spending out of the budget? Exactly.... not much of a chance that will happen so where do they think they are going to make it up? I'd like to hear some ideas on that.

With only republicans signing on to this which is no surprise the democrats will do their best to thwart it's passing because any tax cut is a bad idea. In particular this one because those that would benefit actually have some savings paying out D&I to qualify and therefore must be, ya know "rich". Remember your elected officials knows better what to do with your money than you do anyway.

With things the way they are right now I don't see a serious conversation going on to consider the possibility of how it could happen. Just the old mantra of tax cuts for the "rich" and kids will starve, the elderly will suffer (ironically even though the elderly\retired are the ones most likely to BENEFIT from this), and of course the world as we know it will come to an end. Heck maybe even add to global warming more than John Kerry's private jetting all over the world.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: